It’s 2021, and more and more companies are making the choice to go green — and for more than one reason! We compiled 10 stats to prove that going green can help your business make (and save) money too.
Has your company played around with the idea of going green or starting a sustainability initiative, but nothing came of it? Maybe you thought it was out of the question because it would be too much effort, too time consuming, or too expensive. We hear you!
What many people don’t know is that any efforts your company makes to go green are almost guaranteed to pay off in spades — and companies are catching onto all the benefits of going green.
Corporate sustainability reporting has increased dramatically in the past two decades, and companies that are doing it are seeing huge results. Countless studies show that prioritizing sustainability improves consumer perceptions of your brand, increases employee retention rates, and brings your business savings.
There’s a lot of research out there, so we thought we’d break it down for you. Here’s our list of 10 striking statistics to show that sustainability initiatives aren’t just good for the planet, but also for your pockets.
1. 92% of consumers say they’re more likely to trust brands that are environmentally or socially conscious. – Forbes
2. 88% of consumers will be more loyal to a company that supports social or environmental issues. – Forbes
3. 87% of consumers would buy a product with a social and environmental benefit if given the opportunity. – Forbes
4. Overall sales revenue can increase up to 20% due to corporate responsibility practices. – Harvard Business Review
5. 64% of millennials are willing to turn down a job if the company doesn’t have strong corporate responsibility. – Cone Communications
6. 66% of global consumers are willing to pay more for sustainable goods. – INC.
7. 38% of employees are more likely to be loyal to a company that prioritizes sustainability. – SHRM
8. Employees at eco-friendly companies are 16% more productive than average. – UCLA Newsroom
9. For every $1 saved on your utility bill from rooftop solar, your property value goes up $20. – National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
10. Businesses that enroll in Community Solar can save around 10% on their monthly electric bills.
Like reading about sustainability, clean energy, and organizations making a difference? Sign up for our monthly newsletter for more!